A little over three weeks ago, Texans watched the first of what were to be three debates between Senate candidates Beto O’Rourke and incumbent Ted Cruz. This race has garnered national attention recently but has captivated Texans for months now. Despite it being during my children’s witching hour, I was able to pay decent attention, and I made a bold proclamation on my Facebook page:
They were supposed to debate again but rescheduled due to an assumed conflict for Senator Cruz with the would-have-been Kavanaugh vote*. This evening, the two will debate again. Naturally, my intention to follow through with making bingo cards did not turn to reality because… well, my children. And a nasty upper respiratory infection. Life, man.
*Dear Lord, this day and age… though I know that was not quite two weeks ago, it feels like it’s been approximately 735 years since then. Please tell me I am not the only one with news fatigue.
BUT…. I know my dozens and dozens of Facebook friends
do not remember I even said anything about this so don’t really care, probably would not want to be let down. So, in a pinch, I present to you the best I can do before tonight’s 8 p.m. CST start time…
- Print your own blank bingo card(s) at this site.
- Use my carefully-prepared** checklist to fill in your card(s). I don’t recommend making this a drinking game. You’ll probably die of alcohol poisoning within the first ten minutes.
- “hold your applause”
- “I was visiting <everyday common folk>, a(n) <blue collar occupation> in <small town>”
- “my truck”
- “taking God out of schools”
- 254 counties of Texas
- Bernie Sanders
- Border security
- Donald Trump
- George Soros
- Hillary Clinton
- Incarceration of African Americans
- Khashoggi murder/Saudi Arabia
- Liberal agenda/mob
- Me Too
- Nancy Pelosi
- NFL/anthem protests
- Path to citizenship
- People of Texas
- Political action committee
- Reference to Cruz’s 2016 presidential bid
- Reference to fallen police officer(s)
- Reference to Santa Fe shooting
- Second Amendment
- <Speaks Spanish>
- Supreme Court
- Thoughts and prayers
- War on Women
In the not-at-all unlikely chance that something cataclysmic happens between publication and the debate, feel free to add your own items to the cards!
**For what it’s worth, I did legitimately prepare this list shortly after the first debate and update it every few days. I just didn’t have time to make multiple copies of cute and varied Bingo cards, mmmm-kay?
That’s all for now, friends. Here’s how my DFW friends can watch. Apparently it will air across Texas on local stations, and CSPAN will televise the debate to a national audience.
Texas forever, y’all!